Crosslake Fibre Selects IT International Telecom for Lake Ontario Cable Installation
Toronto, Ontario and Buffalo, New York – May 7, 2018 – Crosslake Fibre announces today that it has contracted IT International Telecom Canada Inc. as the cable installer for its Lake Ontario submarine cable project. The 58km submarine fibre-optic cable system across Lake Ontario is part of a 131km system connecting Toronto, Ontario and Buffalo, New York with critical telecommunications infrastructure.
“The Crosslake Fibre cable system will provide much-needed physical redundancy and updated infrastructure along this critical route,” states Mike Cunningham, Chief Executive Officer of Crosslake Fibre. “We are pleased to engage such an experienced firm as IT International Telecom, that has installed dozens of subsea cables worldwide, to install and bury the cable with a specialized cable installation vessel.”
John Graham, Co-President of IT International Telecom notes, “We are excited to be installing the Crosslake Fibre cable system and believe that the C.S. IT Intrepid vessel is the ideal solution to accomplish a build with such a high percentage of burial.” The C.S. IT Intrepid will transport and install the 96 fibre pair cable in July and August of this year.
The cable installation contract between Crosslake Fibre and IT International Telecom is contract in force. The construction of the shore ends is currently in progress and the terrestrial backhaul from the shore ends to downtown Toronto and Buffalo is in development.
Crosslake Fibre Facts:
- 8km submarine length; 131km Toronto to Buffalo route length
- Physically diverse and lower latency than alternate paths
- Marine Survey completed in 2017
- Installation, Cable and HDD Shore end supply contracts are CIF
- Ready-For-Service (RFS) date of October 2018
- Complete project funding in place
- Second submarine cable, Wall-LI, will connect Wall, New Jersey to Westbury, Long Island and be RFS in June 2019
IT International Telecom Facts:
- Pointe Claire, QC head office, Barbados international office and a marine depot in Halifax, NS
- Over 23 years experience in marine network installation of telecom and electrical cables
- Projects completed in more than 65 countries
- Cable ship C.S. IT Intrepid is 115 m long and capable of installation and repair of cables in all ocean depths
About Crosslake Fibre Inc.
Crosslake Fibre was established to develop fibre-optic projects throughout North America. Crosslake’s innovative approach to developing next-generation networks will bring new backbone routes to telecommunications carriers and web-centric customers, and last mile broadband to consumers. For additional information, visit www.crosslakefibre.ca.
For Media Inquiries, please contact:
Jaymie Scotto & Associates (JSA)
1 866-695-3629 ext. 13