When this occurs it will be necessary to establish if the problem(s) will restrict the applicant from being able to successfully carry out the occupation without risk to their health and safety or that of others. Actions will include:
- Obtaining further information from the applicants GP (with informed consent)
- Referral for specialist consultation if required
- Identify if possible restrictions within the job will be necessary
- Identify if adjustments within the job need to be made, so far as is reasonably practicable
How can iiHealthcheck help you?
- iiHealthcheck will assess your organisation to identify the most suitable screening method.
- Provide assistance in enabling employers to make decisions regarding the applicant’s suitability for the occupation.
- Advise on compliance with Disability Discrimination
- Conduct drug and alcohol screening where required